I just got a new pair of shoes … and I am absolutely in love with them! They’re made by a company called Simple that strives to make 100% sustainable shoes. For Simple, how their shoes are made is just as important as why their shoes are made. They have a very fun little video on their website that tells their story.
And now for the shoes … they’re called the GT Jane Organic Cotton. From the shoes themselves:
- I contain no animal byproducts or even regular animal products. I am a vegan friendly and veggie friendly shoe.
- I have certified organic cotton uppers
- I am bamboo lined
- I have coconut buttons
- I have a natural latex pedbed with a certified organic cotton canvas cover
- I have a natural crepe rubber midsole and a recycled car tire outsole
- I am held together with water based cements
- I have a 100% post consumer paper pulp foot forms
They’re a little bit casual for the office, but I’ve worn them a few times anyway. They are probably the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned, and I love them almost as much as my first pair of chacos. I got the GT Jane’s on clearance from Backcountry, and I wish I had gotten a blue pair as well!