I have to confess that of the gardening blogs I follow, there is only one that I truly love.
Chiot's Run – Susy Morris is the writer, photographer, and real-lifer behind Chiot's Run. Her posts are incredibly authentic, practical, and inspiring. She is an organic gardener in NE Ohio, so her growing climate is similar to ours. I have learned so many practical things from Susy, but here are a few of my favorites:
- Making your own potting soil
- The best gardening gloves
- Making your own toothpaste (someday I'll do an entire post on this one!)
- Making your own brown sugar
- Blueberry skillet cake (one of our favorites – I always make skillet cakes instead of muffins now!)
- Organizing your freezer
- Making maple syrup (this is definitely in the plans for next year!)
Honestly, I could go on and on with links to Chiot's Run, but I'll leave it at that for now. Trust me when I say that you will never find a more down to earth, comprehensive organic gardening blog, with some cooking, preserving, and simple living thrown in. Second only to SouleMama, this is one of my favorite blogs! Even if you don't garden, you will love this blog, and I bet you'll be inspired to at least put some basil in a pot on your front porch.