Today was our first official day of snow. I’m guessing we had about 1/2 inch on the ground which surprised me because it has been pretty warm up here, and I would have thought the ground was still too warm for anything to stick. Regardless, it was a beautiful first snow that dusted everything outside. I’m bummed though because I couldn’t get any pictures since it was practically dark when I got home from work.
I did a whole lot of knitting over the Thanksgiving holiday, but unfortunately I feel like I don’t really have anything to show for it. I did finish these baby booties for my sister to give to one of her expecting friends. I’m glad that I don’t sell these booties, because I have to confess that I really don’t like knitting them. There just seems to be way too much finishing work involved for something so small and cute. I think I’m going to find a pattern for baby socks to make for people instead.
I also made this custom baby Christmas pixie hat for a client. I got pretty frustrated making it because I was trying to use yarn I already had, which unfortunately happened to be acrylic, and the green yarn was actually a different weight. I ended up making almost three versions before I got the hat part right, but at least it was good practice creating something myself totally from scratch. I am usually a pattern-following girl, but one day I would like to get into writing and publishing my own knitting patterns, so this was good practice.
On another note, tonight we had what some might call a small accident but I would refer to as a crisis of epic proportions. It involved a very full glass of orange juice accidentally making its way into my knitting bag which contained approximately 8 new skeins of yarn, 1 finished project, and 3 works in progress.
That’s right. Sticky colored liquid in my yarn basket.
But don’t worry. My husband came to the rescue, and I think we got everything cleaned up. A few of the skeins and two of the works in progress were drenched in oj, so I ran then under cool water and am letting them dry. I’m not sure if that will work or not, but I thought I would give it a shot.
So, the moral of the story – its just yarn, and it can be replaced if necessary. Also, orange juice is very sticky.